Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wolfram reinvents Mathematica with Mathematica 6
Mathematica 6 is now available, introducing over 1,000 groundbreaking technologies developed over more than a decade at Wolfram Research. Mathematica 6 takes technical computing to a new level: more...

Position Opportunity
ABCO Automation, Inc. located in Brown Summit, NC (just outside of Greensboro) is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer. Responsibilities include performing mechanical design, layout, testing and...

Can some give me a nonlinear material subroutine for programming?
Hi, I, now do a program about finite element analysis using Fotran 90. It use beam element and fiber section. The fiber section use nonlinear material constitutive relations of concrete and steel. So...
1
1

precision shaft, final challange - balancing.
Hi, Ive got my 1.2M long 12mm shaft running quite well, the standard deviation of position from one end to the other on my encoders is about 2x10-7 (less than 1 arc second). this is a reasonable...
10
10

Quasiturbine will be exhibited at ASME TURBO Conference on May 15 to 17, 2007
Bonjour, May 14-17 2007 at the Palais des Congrès de Montréal, Québec will be the ASME TURBO EXPO 2007 by ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers and International Gas Turbine Institute The...
1
1

how to build own pitot-tube apparatus for measuring velocity of wind in a wind tunnel
plz help me find it
3
3

Advanced Reluctance Motor
Advanced Reluctance Motor

seesaw bearing for adult-sized seesaw
Hello Apologies in advance for cross posting - and for asking such a basic question: I'm wondering if any of you out there can help me. I'm building a sound installation that you control by moving up...
6
6

*** Dr G Polya BRILLIANTLY analyses the Virgina Shooting Incident ***
Dr Gideon Polya published some 130 works in a 4 decade scientific career, most recently a huge pharmacological reference text "Biochemical Targets of Plant Bioactive Compounds" (Taylor & Francis, New...
7
7

Felt FEA Software
Anyone use Felt Finite Element Analysis software? I am trying to compile the source and am coming up with some errors. Anyone successful compiling Felt 3.05? Mark Walter

Professional Engineer: an old chestnut, but still a chuckle---
So three guys were condemned to be guillotined: a drunk, a priest, and a professional engineer (pick your university here). As a courtesy, they were each asked in turn which way they would prefer to...
2
2

Knob seal
I am looking to seal a knob from leaking water into an electronic device. The knob is installed from the inside. any suggestions?
5
5

building the ultimate baseball bat
Hello and thanks for checking out my posting. I am doing research for an engineering type project and want to test the rule why there are no corked or aluminum bats allowed in game play. I plan to...
4
4

HUMAN FEMUR modal analysis using ANSYS program ....I am faced problem
Hello my name is Hani my thesis is about to calculate natural ferquencies and modal shape to the Human Femur using ANSYS program ver.10. i had completed the meshing process. after meshing the femur...

Highest torque for lowest watts in the world - brushless motor
Info on Bob Teal's Magnipulsion brushless motor Can be made to any size. Bob Teal missing interview: can now watch this on Youtube right on that page. Bob Teal discussion forum about Electric Motor...
1
1