*** Dr G Polya BRILLIANTLY analyses the Virgina Shooting Incident ***

Dr Gideon Polya published some 130 works in a 4 decade scientific career, most recently a huge pharmacological reference text "Biochemical Targets of Plant Bioactive Compounds" (Taylor & Francis, New York & London, 2003), and is currently editing a completed book on global avoidable mortality (numerous articles on this matter can be found by a simple Google search for "Gideon Polya" and on his websites:

Here is the BRILLIANT AND INCISIVE ANALYSIS:

thermate2

The first paragraph is wrong. It is illegal to sell a gun to someone who is mentally ill. Cho, according to federal law, should never have been sold the gun.

The rest of his comments about America describe a common theme among almost all cultures.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

What courage? He published an article. Wow. How brave.

His little diatribe against the US curiously fails to mention Australia's equally brutal and genocidal efforts to wipe out the indigenous peoples of Australia and Tasmania.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "HPV shots don't cause promiscuity. Tequila shots do." -- Bill Maher

Reply to
David Wright

He lives there! He does get stuck into Australia over greenhouse gas emissions, however.

Reply to
Peter Bowditch

I don't understand why this is being crossposted -- or, for that matter, why it's posted at all. I've never felt an impulse to lecture Australians on their treatment of aboriginals in Australia and Tasmania. Can mechanical engineering concepts be extrapolated into usefulness concerning the psychology of the abnormal?

Reply to
Mike Holt

I know he lives there -- the "brilliant and incisive analysis" mentions that he's from Tasmania. I was just pointing out yet another instance of someone having a log in their own eye.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "HPV shots don't cause promiscuity. Tequila shots do." -- Bill Maher

Reply to
David Wright

I agree. Glass houses and all that. I think that any comment about mistreatment of aboriginal and indigenous people anywhere at any time in history has to recognise that it was not something which just occurred once or in just one country. There's enough ammunition to criticise countries for what they are doing today without using historical sins, particularly the sort of sins which allow the object of the criticism to say "You too!".

I'm not condoning the treatment of Australian Aborigines or American Indians. I think that using either example to attack a country for today's problems is just a bad way of arguing a point.

Reply to
Peter Bowditch

Indeed. I suppressed the initial compulsion to make an initial rebuttal to the OP because (1) to make an appeal to reason to a person whose mind is obviously set, can only result in frustration; and (2) it only only encourages such trolls who make nihil ad rem crossposts.

However, since....

Have you _seen_ the general tone and tenor of those 130 publications that Dr. Gideon Polya (apparently an Indian living in Australia) writes? Seriously, this is one angry man -- with the intelligence and some heavy, heavy "emotional baggage" to promulgate his diatribe. Ideally, such social activism keeps government accountable, but I am dismayed that he provides little (or no?) constructive criticism, but plenty of undisciplined and illiberal discursion.

Anyway, you won't be getting such a list from

-- the website is offline. Hmmm. See it at
blood pressure permitting.

"You can always trust the Americans to do the right thing, after they have tried everything else." -- Winston Churchill

=Brian

Reply to
bsh