Dr. Who - Dalek Missiles

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.model.rockets, pictures of missiles fired by the Daleks in the last episode of the new Dr. Who (June 2005 - "The Parting of the Ways"). 3 shots of missiles in flight - assuming the totally crapulent Cox news server doesn't lose parts of them like it USUALLY DOES.

Reply to
Dan Major

snip

What... no Gary Glitter? No music? ; ) Dr. Whoooo HEY! Dr. Whoooo!

Most people here in the States don't realize one of our favorite sports themes comes from a version of the Dr. Who theme. Most often it's just referred to as Gary Glitter's theme.

Nice captures.

Randy

<randyolb

Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll part 2" was not ther Doctor Who theme. It does seem to have become the de-facto NBA theme...

Is Gary Glitter still in jail?

;-)

Reply to
shreadvector

I think you're thinking of The KLF, Doctorin' The Tardis, which was a joke pop song and nothing to do with Dr Who the TV programme.

'-The-Tardis.html Personlly I prefer the version by Orbital over the one they used in the new series, but there you go.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bob

wrote in news:M9yte.3911$ snipped-for-privacy@fe04.lga:

!

Where in the WORLD did you get that from? How is Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll - Part 2" in ANY way associated with Dr. Who?

Reply to
Dan Major

See Bob's answer - the Timelords' "Doctorin' the tardis" uses the Rock'n'roll pt2 riff with lyrics about Dr. Who.

G.

Reply to
Graham

Gary Glitter's "Rock & Roll, Pt. 2" was being used in sports arenas long before the KLF/Timelords sampled it for "Doctorin' the Tardis." IIRC the Detroit Pistons were the first to use it (or maybe it was the Red Wings?).

Reply to
Roy Green

You're right. My bad.

Either way it has been around a long time. Earliest I remember hearing any version was 1972. They played it at my high school basketball games.

Randy

<randyolb

- Part 2" in ANY way associated with Dr. Who?

Hmmm, let's see. First, The Doctor goes back in time with the song for Gary Glitter.......

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine