Dr. Who - Dalek Missiles

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.model.rockets, pictures of missiles fired by the Daleks in the last episode of the new Dr. Who (June 2005 - "The
Parting of the Ways"). 3 shots of missiles in flight - assuming the totally crapulent Cox news server doesn't lose parts of them like it USUALLY DOES.
snip
What... no Gary Glitter? No music? ; ) Dr. Whoooo HEY! Dr. Whoooo!
Most people here in the States don't realize one of our favorite sports themes comes from a version of the Dr. Who theme. Most often it's just referred to as Gary Glitter's theme.
Nice captures.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Who
Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll part 2" was not ther Doctor Who theme. It does seem to have become the de-facto NBA theme...
Is Gary Glitter still in jail?
;-)
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

I think you're thinking of The KLF, Doctorin' The Tardis, which was a joke pop song and nothing to do with Dr Who the TV programme.
http://www.ilyric.net/Lyrics/K/KLF/Doctorin '-The-Tardis.html
Personlly I prefer the version by Orbital over the one they used in the new series, but there you go.
Cheers,
--
bob [at] bobarnott [dot] com http://www.bobarnott.com /
wrote:> I think you're thinking of The KLF, Doctorin' The Tardis, which was a

You're right. My bad.
Either way it has been around a long time. Earliest I remember hearing any version was 1972. They played it at my high school basketball games.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
!

Where in the WORLD did you get that from? How is Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll - Part 2" in ANY way associated with Dr. Who?
Dan Major wrote:

See Bob's answer - the Timelords' "Doctorin' the tardis" uses the Rock'n'roll pt2 riff with lyrics about Dr. Who.
G.
--
Graham J. Platt
graham (a) bowhunter (d) demon (d) co (d) uk
Dan Major wrote:

Hmmm, let's see. First, The Doctor goes back in time with the song for Gary Glitter.......
Gary Glitter's "Rock & Roll, Pt. 2" was being used in sports arenas long before the KLF/Timelords sampled it for "Doctorin' the Tardis." IIRC the Detroit Pistons were the first to use it (or maybe it was the Red Wings?).