Car hinges manufacturing process

Hi,
I'm doing a research on car hinges (door, hood and tail gate hinges). I've found that there were three different manufacturing processes to
built a hinge. Stamping (metal sheets), hot rolled profiling and forging. I found a few information calling different hinge manufacturers: stamped hinge are the least expensive. Profilled hinges are heavier, yet stronger, occupies less space (in a 3D space: the hinge itself is more voluminous) and a little more expensive and finally forged hinges are smaller, lighter and even stronger. I wanted to be sure of the info I had and if anybody could give some more informations on each technology and what could be the trade-off when having to choose between each one.
Thanks in advance to everybody!