Deburring

Hello All,

I have been reading messages on here for a while, and noticed that every once in a while someone will have some questions about deburring. I work for a manufacturer of deburring machines and can probably answer some of those for you. I will not put any company info as this is not an advertisment or offer to sell anything.

Loumeister

Reply to
Loumeister

Cool thanks. :)

Bet you know at least one more thing about metal that might come in handy here too huh? ;)

What I want is a couple feet of F1, F2, F3 or O7 tool steel for use in homemade knife blades. Anybody got a suggestion where I should start?

All I know about de-burring is what I've figured out from using my Norton 6" XHD deburring wheels... for everything I can! ;)

Alvin in AZ (hobby knifemaker)

Reply to
alvinj

Old car springs are a good source of material for knifes.

Haaken skrev i meld> > Hello All,

Reply to
HÃ¥ken Hveem

Thanks but, low alloy medium carbon steel won't do for the type of knives I like to make. :)

I'm looking for some O7 or F2 tool steel in "sample" quanities.

F2:

1.25%C .25%Mn .25%Si 3.5%W and-> .30%Mo (or) .30%Cr (ASM type 340)

O7:

1.2%C .25%Mn .25%Si 1.6%W .60%Cr .20%V and-> (optional) .25%Mo (ASM type 413)

For a pocket knife type blade they would take and hold an edge like high speed steel, except that I could heat (and cold) treat it myself. Or at least that's the plan. ;)

Where can a guy get special tool steels like that? :)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj