farington uni

hey guys check this out, while surfing the net, i came across this website

. this 'university' claims itself to be a 'university' and propose to give out bachelor/master/doctorate degrees ......... without any exams test or having to study !

i think it's crap.. what do u think?

-- Hasta Luego

Irshaad (Faster than Bruce Lee)

remove the X to reply snipped-for-privacy@softhome.net

Reply to
Irshaad

I'll have mine with a side of Summa Cum Laude for a mere $49 extra:

Rob Campbell

would you like fries with that?

Reply to
Michael

You need their PhD to graduate to the fries counter.

Reply to
Bruce Durdle

The definition of a university is an institution that hands out degrees in its own name (as opposed to a college which doesnt)

What is harder to find is a university that

1) is accredited 2) hands out degrees without study or exam.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

Seriously, though, getting an advanced degree is an admirable thing and we should encourage it. I know from experience that it's easy to get discouraged just by the length of time required, especially when you're working full time. You may think, "Why didn't I do this when I was 26? I'm

33 years and 24 weeks old. If I start now, I won't have my degree until I'm 33 years and 25 weeks old." DON'T GIVE IN TO THAT KIND OF THINKING! Otherwise, you'll be kicking yourself when your 33 years and 26 weeks old and realize you could have had it by then.

Persevere.

Rob Campbell

Reply to
Rob Campbell

Reply to
<mathetes

Such innocent amusement - so unmalicious

Brian W

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

And when it comes to operating on someone, that's a good thing.

As a matter of fact, I've read the entire web site for its entertainment value. Apparently, you have not, else you would have read this on their order form page:

"I understand that Farington University is an on-line life experience institution that awards documents based on information submitted by student and there are no tests and coursework necessary for successful enrollment and completion of any program."

Rob Campbell

Reply to
Rob Campbell

"Rob Campbell" wrote in news:kd9Va.74488$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Where the school motto is:

" :: No Books!

:: No Courses!

:: No Tests!

:: No Studying!

... and, apparently, no .EDU

Reply to
DME

don't think you're correct...

there are lots of stand-alone small colleges that award (undergraduate) degrees. The distinction between a university and a college has to do with the existence of a graduate school...

Reply to
Michael

Common usage, however, doesn't conform to this definition. Dartmouth College has a graduate program or two. I hear they're pretty decent, too.

Rob Campbell

Reply to
Rob Campbell