Fissures and cracks detection

Hello!
I would like to know if someone knows something about fissures and crack detections in steel axes. I know there are some ultrasonic techniques that
have been applied in tubes but not in bulk steel.
The problem is that we have some axes that are suppose to be working with traction strenghts but some of them have broken with no evident causes. We would like to inspect the axes to discover fissures from the first moment before they develop into a crack.
Thank you
what exactly are you talking about?
axes?
axles?
tubes and bulk steel?
there are many methods of evaluation - ultrasonic - mag flux - mag resonance ...

Excuse me! I meant axis, a steel axis, bulk steel (so is not a tube)

that
with
We
moment