Fissures and cracks detection

Hello!

I would like to know if someone knows something about fissures and crack detections in steel axes. I know there are some ultrasonic techniques that have been applied in tubes but not in bulk steel.

The problem is that we have some axes that are suppose to be working with traction strenghts but some of them have broken with no evident causes. We would like to inspect the axes to discover fissures from the first moment before they develop into a crack.

Thank you

Reply to
Txer

what exactly are you talking about?

axes?

axles?

tubes and bulk steel?

there are many methods of evaluation - ultrasonic - mag flux - mag resonance ...

Reply to
Smelly Belly

Excuse me! I meant axis, a steel axis, bulk steel (so is not a tube)

"Smelly Belly" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@golden.net...

Reply to
Txer