Iron Nugget Production

Does anyone know of an information source on the chemical and physical metalurgy of iron nuggets? Would this be the same as or similar to direct reduction to iron; for
which I would also like to get a bit smart on. I haven't done any process metalurgy since my baccalaureat days and then it was only course problems, etc. Please send ideas to: snipped-for-privacy@umn.edu Thank you.