[OT][perhaps] what is the better steel for a sword

I don't know if this is the right newsgroup for this kind of questions. But I wished to ask you which type of steel is better for a sword.
Naturally considering the relationship between weight and 'hardness'.
Thanks in advance,
--
nosign

name wrote:

Using steel, weight depends almost just on geometry. Maximum hardness depends mostly on carbon content. But you need toughness as well.
Michael Dahms
Just a couple weeks ago my metallurgy instructor was asked- "which stainless steel would be best for a sword?"
"as a wall hanger or what?"
"no, it needs to be able to handle some sword to sword hits"
I butted in and said- "none of the above!:)" (I'm your basic stainless steel hater)
The metallurgy instructor laughed and said- "in that case 4360 made of lower bainite"
I butted in again and asked- "where in the heck do you get 4360?" "how about L6 (4370) that can be had from Admiral Steel for cheap, would it be as strong as 4360?"
"yep, just a little harder is all"
Any comments? (your chance to butt-in;)
Alvin in AZ ps- http://www.admiralsteel.com pps- it sez the L6 is 3/16" thick but it's really .224"
try this: http://www.historicalweapons.com/battleready.html