Temperature loss during degassing

We're upgrading our tank degasser and I'm trying to develop a thermal model. Can anyone tell me if the temperature loss during the initial pump down to two mm of pressure has a higher loss rate than when the heat is at a pressure of < 1 mm? I would think you lose more temperature during the initial out-gassing, but I don't know this for a fact. The only thing I do know is the temperature loss during the total degas cycle. We take a temp before and after degas. However, we want to be able to predict our temperature losses, based on the degas process, so we have better control of our casting temperatures. I certainly appreciate your help, and if you have any other recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks Lloyd Hanning

Reply to
Lloyd Hanning