Titanium and archaeology

I was recently discussing local bronze and iron age sites with a local archaeologist, in particular their survival in different conditions
(mainly bogs). I habitually wear a titanium bracelet (my own smithing) and this set us talking about Ti's survivability over these timescales.
How might you expect Ti to survive in a peat bog, or a burial mound, over a period of a few thousand years ? What sort of corrosion would happen to it ? What conditions would preserve it, or damage it?
Andy Dingley schrieb:

Well titanium is real resistant to corrosion. The corrosion resistance is due to the formation of a thin, dense surface film of oxide, which immediately reforms after mechanical damage if oxygen is present in the surrounding medium. The corrosion-resistant oxide layer is destroyed in completely water-free environments such as dry chlorine, dry oxygen, and red-fuming nitric acid, and in reducing corrosive media, so a peat bog or a burial mound shouldnt be a great problem.
So chances arent that bad for Ti to survive a few thousand years I think. At least better than for iron.
Thomas Echterhof
Hi all. I suppose Titanium metal can be corrosion destroyed only by Hydrogen saturation. Normally it is going when it contacts with Hot ( 200C) acids HCl and H2SO4 during long period of time.
Nick.

It probably would last a thousands years in a bog easily.
I would think that Type 304 (18-8) Stainless Steel would last as long...My dad was the chief cost accountant at Ambridge who fabricated the tall cross in St Augustine, Florida, and it is made of Type 304L Stainless Steel. I remember as a kid my dad saying that it would last a thousand years if its was never tron down on purpose.