Tombasil

Try to find a standardized name of the alloy. Tombasil sounds like a trade mark or a trivial name, respectively.
Michael Dahms
Reply to
Michael Dahms
You can try
on 44 1473 252127. It is known as MB1 in the UK (UNS No. 87500). Min quantity is 250kg. Let me know if they can't supply you, and I can have another look.
Neil
Metallurgist NAMTEC Q Block Swinden Technology Centre Moorgate Road Rotherham S60 3AR
tel. 44 (0)1709 722463 fax. 44 (0)1709 724999
Reply to
Neil
Try asking for it by the UNS designation of C87500 (silicon brass). According to the Woldman's Engineering Alloys book it is a tradename for a copper alloy containing 13% zinc and 4% silicon.
However, a quick look on google showed there is also a White Tombasil that is another alloy, C99700.
Pittsburgh Pete
Reply to
Pittsburgh Pete
Michael:
Fine. Perhaps you could reveal where to find a list of these EN designations somewhere at a web site. The only description I have seen at
does not give the composition range tables.
Pittsburgh Peter
Reply to
Pittsburgh Pete

Site Timeline