Tombasil

Does anyone know where I can buy Tombasil alloy in Europe? thanks

Glass wrote:

Try to find a standardized name of the alloy. Tombasil sounds like a trade mark or a trivial name, respectively.
Michael Dahms
You can try http://www.cerromb.com on 44 1473 252127. It is known as MB1 in the UK (UNS No. 87500). Min quantity is 250kg. Let me know if they can't supply you, and I can have another look.
Neil
Metallurgist NAMTEC Q Block Swinden Technology Centre Moorgate Road Rotherham S60 3AR http://www.namtec.co.uk
tel. 44 (0)1709 722463 fax. 44 (0)1709 724999

Try asking for it by the UNS designation of C87500 (silicon brass). According to the Woldman's Engineering Alloys book it is a tradename for a copper alloy containing 13% zinc and 4% silicon.
However, a quick look on google showed there is also a White Tombasil that is another alloy, C99700.
Pittsburgh Pete
Pittsburgh Pete wrote:

It is better to use the EN designation in Europe.
Michael Dahms

Michael:
Fine. Perhaps you could reveal where to find a list of these EN designations somewhere at a web site. The only description I have seen at http://www.copper.org/standard/euronumb.htm does not give the composition range tables.
Pittsburgh Peter

You could probably find them here
http://www.cda.org.uk/Megab2/general/pub130/homepage.htm

If link does not work try here http://www.cda.org.uk /