10 Weight Machine Oil for Mill

The oil cups on the head of my Jet vertical mill specify 10 weight machine oil. What type of Mobil product would fit this weight? I tried putting in Velocite #10 spindle oil and it just seemed to run out. Then I looked up the spec and it shows that it is an IOSVG 22. This is a belt change mill.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Sierevello

You've got the right stuff. SAE10 is appprox ISO VG22. If this is a Bridgeport type mill there is no oil reservoir for te quill bearings other than a felt donut at the top of the quill. The oil does just run thru, but it should continue to dribble out over a period of days if the mill isn't run too hard.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons