3-1/2" Side Grinder

Hi All Does anyone still make a 3-1/2" Side Grinder? I've Googled till I'm blue in the face & all I can find are 4-1/2" & die grinder & Dremell size grinders. Any suggestions as to where I can buy one, greatly appreciated, JD

Reply to
Jay

Look for angle grinder. I think Makita makes or made one.

Reply to
Bill McKee

Left or right side?

Reply to
Buerste

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:59:42 -0500, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

Blue or red?

-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

There are 4" angle grinders, 3" cutoff tools, both use oddball abrasive sizes that may not be readily available. Why the interest? For small stuff, I always use the smaller Dremel-style cutoff wheels in the various die grinders. The 4 1/2s fill most of the other needs and wheels and brushes are always available. Makita makes a small one that uses oddball threaded arbors. If you go too small, the wheel life is pretty short, too.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

I have a Dremel set, which I use all the time, but it's much to small for a lot of jobs. In the past (before I retired) I've used both 3-1/2 & 4-12" sized grinders (besides ~ 5" & 7" & 8" (I think) & the 3-1/2" is just the right size up from Dremmel, & 4-1/2" is too big for smaller jobs, however it's perfect for slightly heavier work. Sometimes a 4-1/2" is just too big & powerful to get into the right positions. I really amazed @ the way 3-1/2" ers have disappeared from the market. It's not that I'm not going to buy a 4-1/2"er, but first I want a 3-1/2".

Thank you

Reply to
Jay