3 gal pancake compressor

That's a thought. And then we could wander over to Arizona and shoot some cans. I'm guessing you and I would get along, fine. I'd like to learn more about the machinery that you use every day.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ah, but I could afford the fifty bucks price he would haggle for me. Gunner probably has a roll of 4-0 aluminum wire I could use for power, after the power co ran the 460-3 in to the trailer park.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd like to have the Fink compressor sitting as a display outside a refrigeration/HVAC place down the street - no idea of the capacity but it has about ten grooves in the drive pulley and it would certainly blow my Gardner Denver right out of the shop. After many years without air, the 2CFM from the little GD comes in very handy, even if I do have to wait for it to catch up every so often. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:30:01 -0400, the infamous "Wild_Bill" scrawled the following:

I don't think I've seen those. I had to replace an old Craftsman 1/4" spinner handle with the 1/4" socket in the back, but Searz, in their ultimate wisdom, stopped producing them. After a 2-week fight with the guy who answered their tech support line from India, I finally got them to pay for it. I bought the replacement at NAPA.

I'll second the butterflied impact. One was my third hand when I wrenched for a living. I loved the air ratchets, too, but they were slower and the entrapment was real. I kept the other hand on the hose when I was working in a hidden area, as pulling on it usually untrapped the hand in a hurry.

-- Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Damn..how about a 25 hp Sullair screw compressor?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Hummm...I think I have a couple hundred feed of 2-0 copper though...

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch

When the open war between the Aridzona residents and the cans starts...Ill meet you there.

I have friends in Aridzona. Think you would like to meet a group of Green Beanies and Rangers?

Id be happy to teach you machining.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Can I run it on a 15 amp branch circut?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My guess is the troops and I will get along fine. I'm fat, slow, nearsighted and hard of hearing. So, I'm not front line material. However, I can learn machining, and I do well with support services. In the years I did HVAC, I was mostly the guy who quietly kept working while the boss ran around and talked on the cell phone. So, I'd be the guy back at the base filling canteens, typing paper work, making sure the guys had topped off magazines, and that kind of thing. I'm not the flashy type, but I would be helpful to keep the front line guys effective.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Copper is better. Doesn't have to be dosed with No-al-ox and tightened every couple years. I'll get back to you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well.. you can hook it up to the 15 amp branch......

The "run" part may be a bit problematic......

Ive got a pretty nice 5hp Champion on a 80 gallon horizontal tank sitting out back as a spare...hummm...let me ponder

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Just needs a hard start kit? To run a 25 HP, 460 volt 3 phase motor, on a 15 amp branch circuit? I'll plug it in with the microwave, OK?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon