3 gal pancake compressor upgrade

I think Wayne's compressor hombuilt might power my air wrench.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It would if I could ever get around to putting the 15HP motor on it. :-)

Reply to
Wayne Cook

7.5 HP is enough for me. I can run a sandblaster 100% of the time, and the compressor would be actually pumping maybe 75% of the time. When I sandblast, I run the motor 100% of the time, with unloaders kicking in when the tank is full. That avoids motor restarts. i
Reply to
Ignoramus32324

Motor restarts are far enough apart on mine to not worry to much about them. :-)

Reply to
Wayne Cook

Maybe if I get a 500 gal expansion tank for my 3 gal compresssor? 0.6 scfm should fill it, in a couple days, if the cylinder doesn't over heat.

I'd like a 500 gal expansion tank. I'd fill it with a 220 volt air conditioning compressor, a scroll would be nice. Have to change out the lubricating oil, but that's OK.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon