3-in-1 oil rant

ve had it for years and have

is not sold anymore. =A0I think

I prefer the Zoom-Spout turbine oil myself, just because the spout can reach through the blades to hit the oil cup on the other side. 3-in-1 is usually sold in the mouse milk aisle in the hardware store, the turbine oil is in with the swamp cooler parts and pumps. Had to go over to the heating supply joint this morning for a furnace ignitor, they had the turbine oil right out front. So if it's good enough for the pros, I'll keep using it.

Nothing comes in a metal can anymore that can be packaged in plastic. Have seen several oil cans with the bottoms rusted out from sitting in the grandparents' garage too long, made a hell of mess on the window sill. The 3-in-1 stuff now comes packaged in a plastic container resembling an old long-spout metal oil can. Still not as convenient as the Zoom-Spout and more expensive for less product.

Alongside the turbine oil, they had a Rust-Buster product in the same style container. Might have to try that, sometimes I only need a couple of drops and a full blast from a pressure can will do more harm than good.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

I was looking for some 20-weight shock oil for my LOSI MICRO - T and my dad just had some 3- in -1 oil laying around so i used it and it works! :D

Reply to
pieliker96

Oreilly Auto parts had 10 and 20 wt. non-detergent oil a year or so ago. Bought one of each for general use oil.

Reply to
Mr.E