What are fiber rope crimps called?

What are those compressed/crimped wire rope clips for fiber rope called? They overlap by about half the circumference of the clip and have flat tips. It's a cheap fast way to make eyes for noncritical stuff. We're looking for the clips and a manual crimper. Searching is hard because of "wire rope". So I need a name or link. I did a search for hog rings but they either butt at the ends or the points go past each other. I don't want sharp points because these are going to be used with animals.

We may end up using these:
Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

On Feb 13, 6:16=EF=BF=BDpm, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wro= te:

mcmaster.com, page 1401 to get started.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Compression sleeves

syoung

Well the new version is about all I've seen. If your using them for leads and reins and things other than load bearing I don't see why you couldn't make up sleeves out of proper sized seamless tubing. Simply select a size that secures the rope ends when you compress the center into a figure 8. For a cheap crimper get a HF set of cable/bolt cutters and grind the jaws to fit the rope and sleeves.

Or learn how to use a marlin spike and make spliced eyes...

Steve W.

Might also consider PEX crimp rings. Like near the middle of . The rings for half-inch PEX are about .75" OD, .62" ID, .33" long, burr free, no seams, copper. They run about $5 for a pack of

25, IIRC, at local HW stores.

Reply to
James Waldby

I can splice but right at the moment we're looking at solid braid. How would you like to put 2 of these splices in a product that sells for $15?

I just looked at the Nicopress ones. That's a bit of overkill. We're looking for off the shelf and cheap. Thanks Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk