3 in 1 oil sucks

I had some - found Triflow in a hardware store - but not since. Nice stuff.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Got a couple myself plus the piercing funnel

I'm with you on that, but rads and oil pans should outlast body panels, at least to my way of thinking. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Or tried to unscrew the cap from a non threaded beer bottle Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Automotive radiators are certainly lower quality than in years past, I really dislike the aluminum and plastic radiators.

Oil pans and valve covers may be made of lighter gauge steel than they used to be, which would explain some of the rust holes in them, but I feel it's more because new motors are sealed up much better than they used to be. I've seen quite a few rusted through oil pans and they were all very dry and clean, no oil/dust caked on at all.

John

Reply to
JohnM

About the only plastic bottle that I've found handy to put oil in, is the oom Spout bottle with the extension tube in the cap tip.

I've had one of these for a couple of decades, which usually has ordinary engine/motor oil in it. I've used one in the past for just dispensing air tool oil. The threaded portion of the cap can become weak with time, but putting a metal band around the threaded portion (or even a miniature hose clamp) to keep the thread diameter from expanding.

I recently found some of these bottles at a Ollie's discount/clearance store, filled with Pennzoil Pennzbell oil in it (bright yellow bottle, hard to missplace). This oil seems to be a very good all purpose oil, and I've been oiling fractional HP electric motor bushing-type bearings with it, with no problems.

The zoom spouts have proven to be a really useful feature over the years.

WB ......... metalworking projects

Wild_Bill

My furnace man left one on my porch when he finished a service call. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller