$50

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/SA-200-2.jpg

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 12:48:18 -0500, Ignoramus7326
Hope you grabbed it. I got $275 for my SAE-300 with the frozen Herc 6-banger. Either one is worth more than we paid in scrap value alone. This one does appear to need a -touch- more work on it, though.
Are you going to paint the one you have now before selling it?
-- Make up your mind to act decidedly and take the consequences. No good is ever done in this world by hesitation. -- Thomas H. Huxley

Wow, not bad.

Yes, $50 is what I paid. I will pick it up soon.
The one I was working on (the one on videos), I will sell without painting.
On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 16:37:35 -0500, Ignoramus7326

My 2 cents. You get more return on painting used equipment than anything else you can do. This is especially true for anything you are selling to hobbyists.
Karl

Well, it is on ebay, too late by now, but I will definitely keep your advice.

$1000.00 a quart upgrade, al babin special.
Best Regards Tom.
Karl Townsend wrote:

I heartily concur here. If I had it, I'd also see if I could get the engine running and all that - that and a coat of paint, and you could really come up smelling like a rose. ;-)
Or, take it in its crappy condition and get bids, then sand/bead/soda blast it, slap a coat of paint on it, and get bids, then split the difference three ways between you, Karl, and me. ;-D
Cheers! Rich

Known in the trade as a "rattle can overhaul."
rangerssuck wrote:

Aerosol overhaul in some circles.
John

    So ... what's right with it? (I suspect that may be a shorter list)

--
pyotr filipivich

    So ... "All this shit, there may even be a pony around here!"?
    I know a couple guys who might get it, 'just because it has possibilities...'
--
pyotr filipivich

    Dang - the one is working OT out the wazzoo, the other is making ends barely meet. Too much work for a road trip, not enough work to be able to afford a road trip.
    Sigh, time and money are constant. You either have one, or the other.
--
pyotr filipivich

Google SA200 rebuilds, and see what the high end is. Just getting it running, and welding, they are almost as valuable as gold. You're getting the hang of the small details. It's a very simple four banger, and so long as you got good compression, the generator generates, and a few other basics, you can make good dough on these machines. The electronics on them should be TinkerToys for you.
Git'r'done..............
Steve

Yes, and I definitely get the point that the power of the typical welding arc (30v/120A or even 200A) is far below the power capacity of the engine, so they do not work very hard doing welding. I love the machine I just fixed up, it is awesome in its simplicity and good engineering.

Same thing with old yale fork lifts, a breeze to fix and they last forever. Mine was made in 1968 and still runs like a champ. It had a blown head gasket, got it for a $100. New gasket, plugs, points, $35.00. 4 hours time for the repair. Have it now for 20 years.
Best Regards Tom.

Don't a lot of those old forklifts have the same Continental engines?
Steve
Heart surgery pending? www.cabgbypasssurgery.com Heart Surgery Survival Guide

I will see how it goes, if it is frozen, I will try a few things (Marvel mystery oil), but if I cannot gte it to turn, I will just sell it as frozen. I am mindful of Gunner's story.

Simple, yes, but not necessarily fixable once they rusted inside.
On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 22:12:10 -0500, Ignoramus7326

the F163 is rated at 20HP at 1500 RPM, and 26HP at 1800 RPM. In tractor apps they were about 35HP PTO and 31 drawbar on a good day. The 540 Cockshutt was an F162, rated at 26pto and 31 drawbar - and those were Shetland ponies, not Clydes or thoroughbreds.

OK, here's the most pertinent question. What do you guys think about the tires, just looking at the picture. Can I possibly inflate them enough to get to a nearest tire shop?
To me, they look completely shot.