$50

I agree. It's not cool. Anyone who takes this newsgroup so seriously that they take feuds to real life ought to reevaluate their priorities....

Reply to
ATP

That makes two of us. Don't feed the troll.

Jon

p.s. Still waiting for dog pics. Hint, hint.

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I can't blame you; hopefully it's limited to just those two. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the litter.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

It doesn't get any better than that.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

SO WHY DO IT EVERY FRACKING DODGAMMED DAY OF YOUR LIFE, FOOL? Those of us who know and love you also hate you for your massive daily rants with/at the fracking trolls. JUST SAY NO! and don't do it any more, please.

-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Actually, you could, if you hadn't killfiled him.

You and Larry have become two blind and deaf men holding hands while you walk through a bramble patch.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I do take it up with them, but you are the #1 replier to trolls on this newsgroup, old buddy. That's a bad choice. The IGNORE key is a much better choice and doesn't cost anything. In fact, it lengthens your day. Give it a try, please.

Hell, Gunner, I'm not standing up for the fool. I'm asking you to remember the S/N ratio here and do something about it. It's easy. You simply -don't- reply to the trolls (or the posts good people have replied to the trolls). You'll have more time and less anger. Win/Win, wot?

Oh, bullpuckey. See above.

-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Wed, 27 Apr 2011 11:48:01 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Dang - the one is working OT out the wazzoo, the other is making ends barely meet. Too much work for a road trip, not enough work to be able to afford a road trip.

Sigh, time and money are constant. You either have one, or the other.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

One problem: Immature people with mental problems just don't think that way.

It is of the utmost importance to win every argument, every counterpoint, every fine point, and even moot ones. They are small insecure short dicked people who find this as a replacement for their six foot ladder that they used to take to street corners and spew over the heads of people. And here, the numbers are so great that they get enough gullible respondents to make it worth their while.

Several of the people involved in this fracas have been in my killfile for a very long time. They just don't have anything to say that I want to hear, and they are not worthy of my time. An argument requires two people, and once one backs out, it's over. Arguing with an idiot is difficult because they have so much more experience at it than you do.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Wouldn't it be easier to just killfile Larry, so you don't have to see his constant off topic rants about others? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Et tu, Brutus.

It's ironic that Terrell, who has been in my killfile for years, would suggest that you killfile me.

-- We're all here because we're not all there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

My jokes are better than his, and he's jealous. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Lots of things go a bit off, when they get really old. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah, this is starting to sound like the battle of the killfiles: Gunner, and you , and now Terrell. It's the answer to the question, "If a sociopath falls in the woods with his fingers stuck in his ears, does he know if he made a sound?"

If we could just get you to killfile each other and everyone else, there might be a restoration of respectful discussions around here.

Speak for yourself, Larry. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Larry has to be careful with his gastroesophageal reflux. Bile corrodes your plumbing.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It has been awhile. I no longer recall why, but it's usually one of several things: posts by trolls, continual posts to trolls, several attacks on people I consider key posters, an attack or three on me, posting only off-topic messages, or severe HUYA liberalism. It's usually a combination of these things, and probably a few others.

-- Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all--the apathy of human beings. -- Helen Keller

Reply to
Larry Jaques