$50 DRO?

I just had a silly idea... If I made a bracket to hold my cheap digital calliper on an axis of my lathe/mill. All I would have to do is set the 0 and I'd have about 6" of measured travel. Maybe a movable stop on one end so that range could be set to wherever I was working... maybe a magnetic base.

has anyone tried this or is there a problem with the idea I can't see yet?

David...

Reply to
FixerDave

blink..blink... ah..Dave?

?ViewItem&item=2579723730&category=25295 Lots of them out there...

Gunner

"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."

-- Krusty the Clown, "The Simpsons"

Reply to
Gunner

He was kidding ....right?

Ron Coffey

Not a silly idea but rather a fair idea that keeps popping up as new people figure it out. Dial indicators were used before the digital stuff came out and the followon to dial indicators are calipers of the various kinds to get a longer range. In other words, not a new idea but a well worn path of an old idea.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

See

I used the Mitutoyo quill kit 'cause I got a deal on it. I could send you a picture if you wish.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

A guy at the auction yesterday bought a milling machine with a three axis DRO for $140, took the DRO off and sold the machine for $50.

Reply to
ATP

No, I wasn't kidding. I just never heard of a "digital scale unit." Thanks for the pointer, do they go by any other names that I can search for?

That's the problem with most things when you get into them. How do you find what you want if you don't know what their called? Or don't know they exist.

David...

Reply to
FixerDave

Geez...

Where the heck are auctions like that??

_-_-bear

ATP wrote:

-- _-_- BEAR Labs - Custom Audio Equipment, Cables, Mods, Repairs -

BEAR

This one was six miles from my house. The machinery dealers have more machines they can warehouse right now, so they're not even bothering with the less marketable stuff.

Reply to
ATP