604 metal shop question

i want to open my own metal fabrication shop where can i buy some cheap equipment? thanks for any replies

Roman.

Reply to
john smith

Guy in the north east named Al Babin sells cheap equipment expensively. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Ahh....that's a little like saying you want to be a car dealer. Metal fabrication covers so many different things that you need to be a bit more specific as to what type work you want to do. Not trying to be sarcastic about it...just realistic.

Craig C. snipped-for-privacy@ev1.net

Reply to
Craig

You're in luck, this equipment is at an all time low on the used market. I haven't checked but I bet new equipment is being discounted also.

Cheapest is an auction, but you've got to spend a lot of time, and be willing to wait for the piece you want at the right price. Its easy to get taken if you don't know what you're doing.

Next, consider the used equipment jockeys. The reputable ones can't be beat. There are some shady ones that make sport out of skinning a greenhorn. Tell us where you're at and ask for a good one on this NG.

Ebay and the newspaer adds are good sources also.

I've bought from all the above sources - it takes time and work and patience to find what you want at a good price.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

If you truly desire this business to work out, you'll not be seeking "cheap". It will *always* fail at the most inopportune moment.

Better to search for good, used, quality tools and machinery.

john smith wrote in article ...

Reply to
Bob Paulin