6061-T6 vs 6063-T5

Not familiar with 6063 at all, can somebody give me some insite how the two compare.
Thanks, Phil

6063 is the weaker of the 2. They machine the same and weld the same. 6063 extrusions are better if you plan on rolling them into a curve.
Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

I've found the 6063 that I have worked with to be a bit more gummy than 6061. Worse as the "T" number gets smaller.
michael

Have a look at http://aluminium.matter.org.uk/aluselect/01_applications.asp?AlloyID # this is info on 6061, a link to info on 6063 is on this page
Glenn www.metalbashatorium.com