A day with a Chinese engineer

SNIP ABOUT SYNTRON

Hey Wes,

Yessir !! I've had the room booked at the La Quinta Motel since November.

I'll be there for the week doing set-up. The show is late this year. I'm not the historian, but I don't recall it ever taking up a day in May. It used to fall on the last full weekend of April, but that stopped being the case some time ago. Maybe when NAMES was held in Toledo, where there was a conflict with the Weak Signals R/C show?

Rumour has it that Peter Villareal will be the head set-up guy again. Great guy to work with.

If you can make it, please gimme a shout when you get there...and if you are free for even one week-day like Wednesday or Thursday we can sure use the help and happy to put somebody with your skills to work!!

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

ps.....little story..... At NAMES 2010, Frank from Chicago didn't show up. He owns CDCO and sells lots of tooling and lathe accessories,. I was very disappointed. Anyway, while we were at the IMTS show in Chicago last September, we saw Frank and "the kid" looking around , and after lots of handshaking and head-bobbing and "where-the-hell-were-you-last-year" it turns out he really hurt his back loading his truck to come last time, and ended up in the hospital for a week !! He will be back at NAMES this year though.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I could get there to work Thursday but due to vacation time remaining, I would not be able to stay for tear down. Please advise which way you want me, Thursday or Sunday night after the show.

I was looking for CDCO last year. I had the jones to buy some tool holders. This year one of their collet chucks and a L-00 mounting plate if they have it.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

not be able

Hey Wes,

For myself, I'd like your help on Sunday for tear-down. But for you, Friday is a good day to get the early pickings of stuff for sale. Lemme know as we get closer. Glad you can get there anytime.

CDCO Frank is supposed to be there, and I want some stuff from him too. I also want some stuff from "Downriver Tools".

Take care.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Lawson

not be able

I'll schedule for teardown once again. Maybe next year I can catch a Thursday if I don't have weather and health issues.

Wes

Wes

BIIIIGG SNIP

Hey again Wes,

That will be great. Glad to see you again and have the help.

I don't know what the Seminars are yet, although one of them I hear is going to be from a gentleman with a metallurgy degree. He did a practice run on the guys at the Detroit club (MDMC) last month and it went over well.

It's a little over 140 mile round-trip to the meetings for me, plus a ferry boat ride, The St. Clair River was frozen over, and the weather sucked anyway, and I'm over 70 now and the thrill of winter driving has kinda passed me by lately. So I didn't get to the meeting.

Anyway, good of you to let us know, and I hope some of the other "regulars" from this group get there too. So much the better if anyone can contribute a few hours to help too !!