A good Car Talk Puzzler

I did mine on a Commodore 64. If you didn't use one, that must be where you went wrong. ;-)

You have to be "va-wy, va-wy caful" around those. (Elmer Fudd intonation if not spelling)

Reply to
Steve Ackman

The curve of the drooping part isn't a parabola, it's a catenary, which the car talk guys misspelled.

You can look up its equation on Wiki, but this has been solved in seconds by those who caught the gag.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I wrote a program for the C64 to print a list of the AZ/EL for every C-band Sat for any latitude or longitude. There were programs for other computers to do one bird, then run it again for another. This did everything in one pass, and required a couple custom functions be defined.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I always thought a catenary was what you get when you cross a cat and a canary. :)

John

Reply to
John

Or what you get when the canary gets caught in the cat's throat

Reply to
clare