A Look At Today's Cast Iron

"Try to imagine a metal that has the strength of steel bar stock but that can be machined into finished components twice as fast with less tool wear. It is 10 percent lighter, can be heat-treated without carburizing and will not distort. It has damping properties that make quieter gear sets, and the cost per pound is about the same as steel bar stock. What is it? If you haven?t already guessed, the high-tech metal described above is today?s cast iron."

Hmm, it's not your father's cast iron....

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Quess the writer hasn't bought any cast barstock lately. Let me be the first to dub this new material Imaginium.

starbolin

Reply to
starbolins

Whatever the cost is, I'm quite sure it isn't free.

Reply to
Louis Ohland