A simple cast iron radiant oven

Hi, Maybe my questions seem weird, but working with an adobe oven, I am impressed by its cooking; with radiant heat. And I am interested in how would a heavy cast iron oven fare, which cooks by same principal. It would be easier to heat and easier to control tempeature at different levels. I am looking for a simple design which I may fit in my brick shelf. But in this country it (cast iron oven) is unheard of. Can someone point to some links or give simple instructions. thanks.

Reply to
aqadus

Which country might that be, since you don't bother to mention it?

In the USA, you can either buy an old wood or coal-fired cookstove, which is a bunch of cast iron parts including an oven, or you can buy a "Dutch oven" (large covered cast iron pot with legs, used for cooking in open fires or fireplaces, which in the typical USA odd naming conventions may have nothing to do with Holland). Or you can buy a new cookstove, but those are a bit costly to be ripping apart for the oven.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Have you tried a Dutch oven?

Reply to