A small welding and lathe turning project

I wanted to put a fan head on a stand so that working with the mill would be easier. The welding part is making a stand, and turning part was boring out the small 3/4" pipe nipple to make it slide over the

1/2" pipe to provide swiveling capability.

Ignoramus6391

You know, I have a stand like that just crying for some useful function. I think I'll do that with a squirrel-cage blower I have.

Mine won't be quite so elegant, but Thanks for the idea.

Reply to
RBnDFW

Just reminds me of the fact that every time I throw something out, I need it or think of a use for it within 72 hours. Glad you're a hoarder, too. Welcome to the group.

My name is Steve, and I am a hoarder ...............

visit my blog at

Steve B

It always happens to me too, I throw something out and I usually need it within a week.

Ignoramus6391

Every time I donate something, I use the space it occupied almost instantly.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Hi Steve!

;-)

Pete

Reply to
Pete Snell

That's why you donate. ;-)

Ignoramus6391

Well, yeah if I had to be *honest* about it.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I'm trying hard to reduce the hoard from decades of abandoned hobbies. I've posted scores of CL ads for everything from a typewriter to a slot car set. Still a whole bunch to go.

Of course, while posting CL ads, I see lots of other ads that are intriguing. I stopped at one on the way home yesterday "Machine Tools For Sale". Well, not much in tooling, but there was this nifty antigue wooden chest oozing with character that housed a lot of the tools. It barely fit in the passenger seat of my Z3. When I took it in the house, the wife says "What are you going to do with THAT?" "I dunno yet, I thought it was cool" "Well, clean it up and a fresh coat of paint..." "No way in hell paint gets anywhere near this!"

The cats liked it though.

Reply to
RBnDFW

"Stuff multiplies in the dark in the garage like cats to fill the available space, and work expands to fill the time allotted."

A quote by me.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

Winston's Corollary:

A clear workbench spurs creativity like nothing else can.

... Or so I've heard.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 16:41:28 -0700, Winston wrote the following:

A what? I'm not familiar with the concept, sir.

-- It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive. -- Pema Chodron

Reply to
Larry Jaques

(...)

See also 'Budget Surplus', 'The Tooth Fairy', etc. etc.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston