What was the topic of this group again?

Metalworking?
Seems to have gotten out of hand. Go someplace else to discuss politics.
Pete Stanaitis
Reply to
spaco
That is pointless, they simply do not care. If the poster in question is just a spammer, he (or she) will never read your message here. If he is a real person, you might have some success by going to one of his regular groups (if any) and badger him there.
Reply to
John Doe
New here, eh, kid?
Reply to
Steve B
Remember there are two ways to improve the signal-to-noise ratio, so if you can't cut the noise, provide more signal. So what did you want to talk about?
Maybe if we flood the group with On-Topic they'll be too busy to spew (yeah, right).
Google groups* really needs a way to filter out crossposts...
--Glenn Lyford
*
I know, and I would prefer a real newsreader too, but I access from multiple computers and it's the only way I've found that lets me keep my place on all of them. --G
Reply to
Glenn Lyford
What's that Lassie? You say that Glenn Lyford fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Wed, 7 Jul 2010 05:04:18 -0700 (PDT):
you might look into getting a newsreader that can run from a flash drive, or one that can keep a record of what you've read/not read. I believe Agent can do this.
Reply to
dan
Agent, and Eudora, both do that automatically.
Brian Lawson
Reply to
Brian Lawson