A Strange Request

I'm a woodworker who wants to get into metalworking. Does anyone have tools they'd be willing to give away if I paid to ship them to zip code 20715?

My shop is a one car garage. For space reasons I "gave away" for $60 my Delta bench saw after I got a Grizzly contractor saw. At present I have a fully functional Craftsman 1/4" router and a Craftsman 9" drill press I'm looking to give away to someone who can use them, because I bought a used

15" DP and I have a couple of 1/2" variable speed routers.

So if you currently have some equipment you don't use because you upgraded to something better, I'd love to start learning about making metal chips. Also, I have some metal scrap just dying to be welded together to make useful objects.

If you have some "starter equipment" you don't need anymore, I'll gladly pay to have it shipped to me. Further, I promise to pass it on, free of cost other than shipping, to the next person if and when I outgrow it.

Any takers?

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Gee, why didn't I think of this. Doh! Could have saved myself a few thousands of dollars....................

Reply to
lane

I met a guy who had a new Ford Mustang given to him. Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask...

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I have a fifeteen year old Bridgeport Vertical mill and a two

250amp welders you can have for nothing.
Reply to
Ben

Thanks! Super! Where are you located? My zip is 20715.

---------

For the group, someone in North Carolina first requested my give-away drill press and router. (I'm in Maryland.) I'm meeting a friend of a friend tomorrow, who just happens to be making the trip from MD to NC and will deliver the items to the new owner. Funny how these things work out sometimes...

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

hey, i collect money.. dont have much, but will take any you have.. i will even pay for the shipping and promise that when i have enough i will pass any i dont need along to another deserving person..... any taker????

Reply to
jim

It helps to be first. ;-)

-- Mark