A useful little project

They are nice, but that's overkill. What a hammer. Coulda come off the Space Shuttle from the looks of it. ;-)

I have a common glazer hammer with rubber and plastic ends. Handy handy, handy when you need just a little tapping. Rawhide also good.

Nice job. Really nice.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

They are big buggers! In Australia I've only seen squirrels living in the Zoo - not caged, but running free within the grounds. I guess the cats/dogs may clean them up if they stray too far into the surrounding suburb. Cheers.

Reply to
Den

Here in the states, we also have something we call chipmunks (AKA ground squirrels). They are small, (four or five inch body length) found running around zoo grounds, and nobody eats them.

However, I did buy a couple of stretched and tanned chipmunk pelts once. The were at a local junk shop and were just too wacky to pass up.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Perfect!! I can just see one mounted as a trophy over the fireplace! And beside it, the .577 Nitro Express gun that was used to bag it.

Thanks for the image, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Growing up in Iowa in the 50's, we used to get a 5 cent bounty for a ground squirrel tail. We'd put them in a gunny sack til we had a couple hundred. Once, we took a large sack of 'em, maybe 300, to the county clerk's office for the bounty. When she took one sniff of the bag she said, "Geez, how many are in there?" One of my quick thinking friends said, "500!" As she wrote us a check for $25, she said "take them out and put them in the trash!" and didn't count them. She kept us in .22 shells for the rest of the summer.

Reply to
SnA Higgins

Very pretty! I didn't realize how small it is 'till I spread my fingers

7". Something of reference in the picture would be good. A teaspoon, say.

Is the finish as the lathe tool left it, or has it been smoothed? Do you remember what the feed rate was?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

'Fesh up - you didn't put them in the trash, did you? You kept them to bring in again, didn't you?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt