Accu-Link adjustable link belt?

Years ago I built a nice mechanism that put a belt through some insane
twists and turns and routing through inaccessible holes and used this
kind of linkable belt called "Accu-Link".
I'm looking for similar stuff today and only see it at harbor freight.
Is there anywhere else to buy it? Nothing against harbor freight for
their usual Chinese junk but I need to find an actual industrial
equipment supplier/distributor that carries it. e.g. Mcmaster-Carr or
Grainger. Maybe they have it but using a different name? They have
plastic ANSI chain but that doesn't survive this kind of twisting.
Tim.
Reply to
Tim Shoppa
jsw
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
A quick google gave me Peachtree, Grizzly, Amazon, and Rockler, Tim.
The red stuff is Fenner Power-Twist, and the green Accu-Link. I've used the green from HF for a decade without fail.
-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Thanks guys! After following some links and finding the right search terms I found it (or at least it's equivalent) on McMaster-Carr, it's their number 6173K37.
McMaster Carr search engine is normally pretty cool (e.g. I can start typing in "gear puller" but before I'm done it's showing me the catalog page for gear pullers) but it often doesn't have brand names, so I was having some difficulties with "Accu-Link"
Tim.
Reply to
Tim Shoppa
Thanks guys! After following some links and finding the right search terms I found it (or at least it's equivalent) on McMaster-Carr, it's their number 6173K37.
McMaster Carr search engine is normally pretty cool (e.g. I can start typing in "gear puller" but before I'm done it's showing me the catalog page for gear pullers) but it often doesn't have brand names, so I was having some difficulties with "Accu-Link"
Tim.
The HF belt is the Accu-Link brand. 5 ft for $25. You can use the 20% off coupon also...........Paul
Reply to
catguy
You want Power-twist link belt - used on conveyor lines and lathes.
I buy it from MSCdirect and else - here is an amazon site :
Martin
Reply to
Martin Eastburn
I use the red Fenner Power-Twist on my Metal and Wood lathes.
lasts and lasts. Intended for heavy duty use so light and medium gives more lifetime.
Martin
Reply to
Martin Eastburn
Martin Eastburn wrote in news:9xH5p.703372 $ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-15.dc.easynews.com:
I also use the Fenner belt material. You can get it on sale from Rockler occasionally. Two things I've noticed:
1) Until they wear in, they generate a bit of red dust.
2) They can make an annoying zipping sound if the machine they are on is quiet. It doesn't bother me on my bandsaw, but I took them off my Clausing mill for that reason. It may also be a break-in issue, but the belt is about at ear level, and I found it very obnoxious.
Doug White
Reply to
Doug White
There is a wear-in period and then you remove a link. Once it presses into a V it is longer than is needed.
I've not noticed the noise or dust - likely I don't use it as much or as fast as you do.
Good points. Check yours and see if there is to much flex and if so take out a link or two and the movement and noise might go away.
Martin
Reply to
Martin Eastburn