Accu-Link adjustable link belt?

Years ago I built a nice mechanism that put a belt through some insane twists and turns and routing through inaccessible holes and used this kind of linkable belt called "Accu-Link".

I'm looking for similar stuff today and only see it at harbor freight. Is there anywhere else to buy it? Nothing against harbor freight for their usual Chinese junk but I need to find an actual industrial equipment supplier/distributor that carries it. e.g. Mcmaster-Carr or Grainger. Maybe they have it but using a different name? They have plastic ANSI chain but that doesn't survive this kind of twisting.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

A quick google gave me Peachtree, Grizzly, Amazon, and Rockler, Tim.

The red stuff is Fenner Power-Twist, and the green Accu-Link. I've used the green from HF for a decade without fail.

-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks guys! After following some links and finding the right search terms I found it (or at least it's equivalent) on McMaster-Carr, it's their number 6173K37.

McMaster Carr search engine is normally pretty cool (e.g. I can start typing in "gear puller" but before I'm done it's showing me the catalog page for gear pullers) but it often doesn't have brand names, so I was having some difficulties with "Accu-Link"

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Thanks guys! After following some links and finding the right search terms I found it (or at least it's equivalent) on McMaster-Carr, it's their number 6173K37.

McMaster Carr search engine is normally pretty cool (e.g. I can start typing in "gear puller" but before I'm done it's showing me the catalog page for gear pullers) but it often doesn't have brand names, so I was having some difficulties with "Accu-Link"

Tim.

The HF belt is the Accu-Link brand. 5 ft for $25. You can use the 20% off coupon also...........Paul

Reply to
catguy

You want Power-twist link belt - used on conveyor lines and lathes.

I buy it from MSCdirect and else - here is an amazon site :

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I use the red Fenner Power-Twist on my Metal and Wood lathes.

lasts and lasts. Intended for heavy duty use so light and medium gives more lifetime.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Martin Eastburn wrote in news:9xH5p.703372 $ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-15.dc.easynews.com:

I also use the Fenner belt material. You can get it on sale from Rockler occasionally. Two things I've noticed:

1) Until they wear in, they generate a bit of red dust.

2) They can make an annoying zipping sound if the machine they are on is quiet. It doesn't bother me on my bandsaw, but I took them off my Clausing mill for that reason. It may also be a break-in issue, but the belt is about at ear level, and I found it very obnoxious.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

There is a wear-in period and then you remove a link. Once it presses into a V it is longer than is needed.

I've not noticed the noise or dust - likely I don't use it as much or as fast as you do.

Good points. Check yours and see if there is to much flex and if so take out a link or two and the movement and noise might go away.

Mart> Martin Eastburn wrote in news:9xH5p.703372

Reply to
Martin Eastburn