Air- acetylene torch?

I found this torch at the dump. I think that it's air-acetylene, but I'd like your opinion.
There's no name on it, but the handle is steel and might have had a
sleeve with a name on it. The middle piece is the nozzle, stamped with a "3". Its diameter is about .013. There was significant carbon inside - acetylene burn back?
It's curious that there is no shut-off.
The hose thread is left handed.
Thanks, Bob
http://tinypic.com/r/2vvkrro/9