Acetylene B Tank adapter to Mapp Gas Canister???

I was looking to purchase a guys turbo torch. It comes with the quick change handle, a small tip, regulator and hose. The regulator attaches to a Acetylene B tank. The B tanks are expensive and I only wanted to do a small soldering job (1/2 nom fittings), is there an adapter that would allow that regulator to screw onto a Mapp canister. I have looked around but they do not describe the application so I am a little leary to purchase. Anyone know for certain?

Reply to
Robert

I was looking to purchase a guys turbo torch. It comes with the quick change handle, a small tip, regulator and hose. The regulator attaches to a Acetylene B tank. The B tanks are expensive and I only wanted to do a small soldering job (1/2 nom fittings), is there an adapter that would allow that regulator to screw onto a Mapp canister. I have looked around but they do not describe the application so I am a little leary to purchase. Anyone know for certain?

Reply to
Robert

"Robert" wrote in message news:15f2b3f4df1335de$1$52504$ snipped-for-privacy@news.newsgroupdirect.com...

Look for "CGA" fittings.

Acetylene B: CGA-520 Acetylene MC: CGA-200 MAPP 16 oz: CGA-600 There may be variations. Don't carry your gas cylinder into the store to check.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins