Air cylinder speed

Yes, the Ruger Mark II -- but I've no personal experience with it, just going by what I've read.

I selected the Buckmark with 4" bull barrel because it rather closely resembles my XD in feel, heft and balance. They seem to have a pretty good rep for accuracy too. And, it was inexpensive.

I see that someone has come out with a slide, barrel and magazine for .22LR that one can slap on a Glock in about 10 seconds.

Don't know if there's anything like that available for the XD, but something like that would suit my purpose perfectly. But I'm done buying stuff (except ammo) for the time being. The Buckmark does what I want to do. I'll be satisfied when I can put every round in the box thru a pieplate at 25 yards at rapid fire, either-handed.

Gettin' there, got a little ways to go yet.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I want a Casul that will fit on my keychain...right next to my ud case.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I don't shoot my Mark II Gov. anymore, it's boring. I put a Red-dot on it and you just can't miss anything, it's just no fun.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Won't fit the keychain , but feels right in the back pocket - Davis Industries , 2-hole o/u derringer . Mine's in .38 spl , but they also come in .22 mag , maybe other calibers as well . A couple of steps above saturday night special , but it might save my life one day ... The Ruger P-90/.45 ACP is nice , but just a bit much for daily carry .

Reply to
Snag

.38 Special is my favorite round! I'm jealous. (I still want a Casul, I don't know why, but I want one)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

a proper self defense concealed weapon isnt supposed to be comfortable to carry..just comforting.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Guess I got the best of both worlds . This little piece also fits nicely into the left pocket of my leather jacket . And has saved me some grief a couple of times on the bike . I'd be run over and dead before I could get the .45 out ... but it's amazing the reactions from aggressive drivers when you drop your hand in your pocket and grin at them ...

Reply to
Snag

Hi Tom,

I'll keep that in mind :) I always wondered if mine was the norm or a bit exceptional. It sounds like they all group quite nice. The Mark II Gov. came out a bit after I got mine. At the time you could only get the Standard and Target versions with the later in 5.5 inch bull or 6 7/8 tapered barrels (no stainless). I've long lusted after the Gov. version with the slightly longer bull barrel and in stainless. It has been a loooong time since any of my firearms went bang, so I just look and admire the ones I don't own now. They made one with a 10 inch bull barrel too, another one I always wanted to run a few rounds through.

Reply to
Leon Fisk

I think what makes them such winners is the triggers. I've shot a few and they all had exceptional triggers right out of the box.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Ive got a few Ruger autos..Standards and Mark Vs. They all..to me..suffer from over travel, soggy break and whatnot..but they can be fiddled with until they touch off fairly nicely. Best thing to first do..is put an over travel screw at the back of the trigger. Really helps.

But then..I have a few High Standards..so..perhaps Im a bit spoiled.

Gunner

Gunner

Oh no, Ruger did something with these Marks. Every one I've used was absolutely perfect! I have only shot 4 of them but they were identical. This is the trigger that sets example to the world, ask Leon. I can put 50 rounds into one hole. It's boring to shoot! I'm surprised with your experience. I do admit that all the ones I shot were Gov.s. Maybe that's it. I know I can't shoot worth shit with a crappy trigger, remember my tirade about my XD-9?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I can remember nothing remarkable about the trigger pull for my Mark II with 5.5 inch bull barrel. I can remember a lot about the trigger pull on several other guns I have used through the years :)

This is one of the nicest, best thought out models I've ever had the pleasure of using.

I always thought they should have built a rifle around this action. Extend the 10.5 inch bull barrel version out another

6 inches or so and affix a shoulder stock. You could easily do this with the 10.5 inch model, but it would still have to be registered here like it was a pistol...
Reply to
Leon Fisk

Shrug..I take it you have never fired a High Standard..say..a Victor or Trophy. Original manufacture..not the current one. I cant speak for the current models..not fired one, though Im told they are made by the past employees of the original High Standard Co.

When you pull the trigger..its like pulling against a very thin piece of glass rod..a bit of tension..and click!

Buddy of mine bought one of the Ruger Govt. Models a year or two ago. Feels nice..trigger was typical Ruger. Shrug. I cleaned it up a bit and put in a trigger stop. He likes it now.

Gunner

Gunner