Air Pressure Regulators Revisited

Well, the IR regulator blew out again yesterday. Took me mere minutes to swap out to the new one I ordered from McMaster Carr. I am so glad I put a shut off valve right on the tank so I don't have to drain it to work on my air lines.

McMaster doesn't like to tell you what brand they are going to send you, but the paper work with the regulator says its a Norgren. I've never even seen Norgren before, but that name sounds familiar. So, will I be replacing it again in less than a year or is it likely to be a better quality regulator. It wasn't much more expensive than the IR regulator. Maybe $10 difference.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

IIRC I saw some Norgren regulators on CO2 tanks in the soda fountain trade in the '50s

Reply to
gray_wolf

On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 9:12:29 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote: work on my air lines.

That is my One Big Complaint about McMaster. It makes it difficult to use them for prototype parts for devices that will go into production.

Reply to
rangerssuck

I've got a few Norgren components including regulators and have never had an issue with them. The one on my compressor has been in use for a couple of decades and was 2nd hand when installed. Fairly well known this side of the pond in the UK as far as I know.

Reply to
David Billington

As one of the largest and most trusted manufacturers of motion and fluid control solutions, the Norgren brand has become synonymous with quality and unmatched reliability in pneumatics and the field of fluid power in general. Norgren offers a comprehensive lineup of all components required for any air circuit; however, they are particularly well known for cylinders and actuators, valves, pressure sensing and control, airline preparation and their recognizable push-in Pneufit fittings.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Within the area of pneumatic motion, Norgren offers tried and tested products such as cylinders, actuators, airline preparation, fittings and valves. Proven brands including Lintra, Excelon, Pneufit, Martonair, Enots and Herion make Norgren’s pneumatic motion portfolio one of the strongest in the industry. Their strengths are in applications within sectors such as commercial vehicle, rail, automotive, automation, food production, packaging and printing.

Reply to
Clare Snyder