aluminum surface smoothness comparison?

Does anyone know a website that shows photographs of turned aluminum along with specifications?

I have a requirement for a cylindrical part but I don't know how to call-out surface smoothness. I'm only interested in a mechanical treatment. I want a "shiny" finish but not a diamond-turned mirror finish. Is "shiny" an appropriate call-out to a machinist?

Reply to
John Smith

"John Smith" wrote in news:9UJ1e.664$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

No You need to call out a max Ra or Rz and a feed. an Ra of .8 max should be sufficient. (Metric)

Reply to
Anthony

Here a site that gives some info:

ff