Amazing accomplishment of light bulb sellers

Now you should be able to find scrape and dents pretty easily, unless most blew into the Atlantic. Check with salvage operators NOW!

Get a quote from USAA if your driving record is good. You might be surprised.

Add $400 to assemble it.

Ooh, $tree has LED bulbs now? Gotsk to go see! Although the last batch of Chiwanese E19 style bulbs is working out well. 12w cool whites using are actually using 8W and putting out 100 incan-watts worth of light (only 900lm, but bright) and lasting years now. At the same wattage, cool whites look a lot brighter to me than those pissyella warm white bulbs.

P.S: If 4 broke, take a hammer to one. Then you can find out how to finesse the others apart.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Were people there easily volunteering to help you, I hope? I can't imagine having to hole up and try to sleep in a shelter after a storm, with people making noise 24/7. Glad you survived it, Mikey.

Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em. Pity. Wouldn't the PTBs do anything, or was it politicized there, too?

Good. Yeah, one has to cycle through them and restock as they do.

I take it that you're back at home and it's in fair shape?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Finding the trucks is easy. It's the other $%^&*( BS that Florida pulls that sours the deals. Florida has no state income tax, so the screw you every other way that they can dream up. Like when their 'impact fee' on out of state vehicles was declared illegal, they simply averaged what they expected to take in, and added that to the tag fees.

Do they offer commercial truck insurance? I have to keep it in drivible and insured condition, or I would be forced to have it removed from my property.

No, it is factory built, and delivered on a flatbed truck. That is included in the price.

I was thinking about a jig to hold the bulb, and make small slits in the part closest to the base, to see if I can pop the tops off without damage. If I take a hammer to them, I will simply modify them to run off

12VDC.
Reply to
Michael A Terrell

Most of the disabled had brought a caretaker with them. There were some county health workers there, as well. Still, it was no fun needing to use the restroom, and having to make enough noise to wake someone else in the room to help me. I was in a classroom at the closest high school. They fed us, but it was what was on hand for the students. Nothing fit for a diabetic, and the portions were for kids, not adults.

They weren't on site. The county was trying to shelter residents, and people who had fled north, and got stranded. I-75 was closed often due to accidents, so the traffic was detoured to old state highways. That caused the local gas stations tro be out of fuel by the time they even opened local shelters.

What I've looked at is OK, but someone stole the battery out of my mower, and I can't see the backs of a couple roofs. I have tried several times to find a new battery, but I'm not going to pay $75 for a $20 lawnmower battery.

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

Some pics of mine:

3-4w (early)
9w-15w spots (mid buy)
12w bulb (recent buy)
18w 12VDC emergency light bulbs

Most of my metal ones easily unscrew, but those which have plastic bases have snap-on domes. Half were in 2 pieces when they arrived, probably from being on the bottom half of the shipping container during shipping. I think China subsidizes these and they just tip 'em up and fill to the brim, then close the doors and ship.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'd have snagged a pop bottle really quickly. Or drank my water and refilled the bottle. But that's only OK for #1.

Awshit.

The beds weren't onsite?!?

I'm glad you didn't lose all your tron tools/scopes and stuff.

Ebay is your friend. I got 5ah 12v (for my emer flashlights) for $16 delivered. Riding mower batteries are $20 on sale here at BiMart. Crapsman mower batteries are $31 delivered from an Ebay vendor. Also try Freecycle and Craigslist which might be sources for free cores if not usable batteries.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Kind of hard to do when I couldn't even sit up, on the crappy cot.

They were trucked to the school from a County warehouse by prisoners and the Sheriff's department.

The mower was in the driveway. I had just got it rrunning properly, and I had it covered with a tarp and weights.

Rural King is supposed to have both types of lawn tractor batteries in stock, but the shelf is always empty. The auto parts places want $40 for theirs, with only a 30 day warranty.

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

Yeah, wake someone up first, if you didn't have a bottle of water. From then on, you would have, though.

So how did the nasty folks get them from those who actually needed them, and why, when prompted to reclaim them, didn't the overseers do so?

You're lucky the MOWER was still there after a HurriBlow. I'm so glad I don't live down there. Except during a rumble, earthquakes are much more cordial.

Can't you call Rural King and have them order one for you? It should be here by the time you need to mow again.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The school has a pair of restrooms between each pair of classrooms, along with a pair of offices for the teachers. It looks more like a college campus than a high school. So, once I was able to stand, it only took a minute to get to a restroom. There was no privacy in the room, with about 30 cots in it. The desks had been stacked in one corner, and there was barely room to walk between the cots.

They got there ahead of me, and there was no one onsite with any authority other than to call the Sheriff or an ambulance.

The last one was in 2004.

They get them by the pallet. I just can't catch them in stock. They have over 1000 car truck and other lead acid batteries on their shelves. They just can't seem to keep what I need in stock. They did have new steel Ammo cans for $10.99.

The battery was taken just before the hurricane, the yard needed mowed two months ago. Now, some of the weeds are waist high and they have nasty burrs on them.

Reply to
Michael A Terrell