American Chopper Snap-On Bike

I saw the American Chopper Snap-On Bike today at the NADA convention setup in Las Vegas. It will open to the public tomorrow. Say what you will about Paul and Pauly and the show, the bike is THE most awesome bike that I have ever seen. It might be nonfunctional, and all fluff, but it looks great.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Kinda like Franklin Mint stuff scaled up?

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

IMHO, if it's non-functional they didn't accomplish a damned thing...

Reply to
Cliff Knight

It looks to me like the bike is completely functional. The tools aren't, they are just decoration like all the theme bikes that OCC does. I've seen one chopper that had no decorative fluff on it. It hadn't been primed yet. The bike itself is as functional as any chopper you'll find. The frame and motor are some of the best they could buy. As I understand it, the bike is completely street legal.

As for the show, I beleive the conflict is almost as genuine as WWF. I do think the guys do good, creative work and I watch the show for that and in spite of the "brawl in the family" aspect.

I watch "M> I saw the American Chopper Snap-On Bike today at the NADA convention setup

Reply to
Rich Osman

I don't think I've *ever* seen what I would consider a "functional" bike on that show. The handlebars are so high that if you took away the bike they'd be flying down the road spreadeagle. How comfortable/safe/efficient is that?

Reply to
PhysicsGenius

What impresses me on the thing, and I think what sets it off is the amount of white. Particularly the white triangles formed by the fork mounts. Red, white and chrome. Kinda American sounding.

Stve

Reply to
SteveB

Who told you it was non functional??

I was at the Snap on booth and it is very much a working bike.

Reply to
David