Gene Haas on American Chopper

Awl --

FWIW..... "Stewart Haas Racing Bike" episode. Before or after jail??

Paul Teutul Sr. is lookin skinny, haggard, yo. The show seems a lot tamer than a few seasons ago.... haven't seen it for a number of seasons, due to nausea....

Teutul & Haas -- gotta be one hand washing the other, since all of Teutul's machines are haas. Figgers....

Big effing shop, tho. Teutul also has a big-ass steel warehouse/structural fabricating deal out back, that you rarely get to see.

He's not that far from me, I keep meaning to drive up there and egg all his property.....

Reply to
Existential Angst

A few years ago, a friend of mine and I rode our bikes up there from Northern, NJ on a weekend. It was in the 60's and raining hard. We arrived

5 minutes before they closed down the old shop and they wouldn't even let us in to dry off.

...Now, I'm 5' 8" tall and was around 270 lbs. My friend is 6' 8" tall and

*at least* 450 lbs... It's not like they missed seeing us out the window or something. :)
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Indian Larry was the man. Too bad he's dead.

OCC is silly entertainment, Jesse James is pretty good, but neither held my attention like Indian Larry.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Man, good thing y'all prefer bikes to horses, eh? Those horsies dodged a bullet, yo....

Hey, you were riding in the 60's??? I thought you was a youngster!! So, yer OLD, like me!!!!

When ahm ready to egg OCC, are you comin along??

Reply to
Existential Angst

Absolutely!

...Degrees Fahrenheit

Only if I can bring 100 year old eggs from the local Asian supply store.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Saw a little bit of it, with Sr. "welding" on the grille, conveniently out of sight on the other side from the camera, in a helmet, gloves...and tank top? You honestly expect me to believe you got a multimillion dollar custom shop like that and can't afford a couple pairs of leathers?

Heck, I bet the cameraman is wearing a set just to stop from getting a tan...

Reply to
Glenn Lyford

Almost everything you see, all the home shows, HGTV, *everything* is slight of hand.

There were a cupla decent ones, Lynette Jennings, my fav gay Christopher Lowell, who really put some intellect and perspective on all this home shit, but they're gone. They really *dignified* the subject, instead of turning it into a carnival act.

There's a cupla truck shows, you know, with the squeaky clean checkerboard garage floor, which I suspect are advertisements for vendors. Sheeit, you gotta be an engineer or a real buff to keep up with that stuff, it goes so quick.

There was a ditty on This Old House (the progenitor of alladis shit), where they musta been running out of old houses, cuz they did a behind-the-scenes bit. THEY showed how it took, like, 13 takes to get the simplest shit done for the camera!!! Holy shit... when the show ITSELF tells you they're lyin, I guess, well, you gotta bleeve, right?

Reminds me of the new Domino's Pizza commercials: HEY, Our pizza USED TO SUCK, but, it's good NOW!! Oh yeah???

Funny, you weren't sayin that when it sucked, yo..... '

Reply to
Existential Angst

Maybe they get advise from Haas?

Nothing like a family business:

larryrozer

Just to be clear, it still sucks.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Interesting story! That news post is about 3 years old. Any idea what has happened since then?

Reply to
Joe788

Started around 2004, late 2008 or early 2009 Teutul's agreed to pay half a million or so to settle. Add up the lawyers fees and they screwed themselves out of about three hundred thousand or so (net). It could have been a lot worse though, I suspect the creditors wanted to settle and get some cash sooner rather than wait a few more years.

Reply to
larryrozer

I does take a long time, and many takes to get what they want. I was in an episode of "Canadian vignettes" a few years ago. It took a whole morning to get what they wanted. In the end they got me to do the computer geek part, and they wrapped it in two takes.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Yeah, but to be fair to Domino's, I'm sure it sucks in a *different* way..... goodgawd....

Reply to
Existential Angst

Jon didn't like your answer, so he lambasted you with a drive-by single-starring!

Reply to
Joe788

I did not see the episode with Gene Haas, but I did catch part of the show which is supposed to be their last.. They were going to build a Kobalt bike for Lowes. My only thought was...... it's not a true Kobalt bike unless it's built in China like all the Kobalt tools.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

How much of that cheap, gaudy, Junk do you think comes from China already? Shouldn't be much of a stretch for them.

Reply to
Cross-Slide