HAAS question

Does anybody know if a canned cycle can be run on a HAAS without the spindle rotating? We are wanting to run a G85 cycle with a air spindle.

Reply to
Mike

they have a section on tech talk

Reply to
"D"

On my older VF1 the spindle is automatically started when a G85 is called even if I don't have it running.As G85 is a simple feed in feed out drill cycle why don't you write a simple sub programme do do the same and call it when needed.

Reply to
Just Me

"Mike" skrev i meddelelsen news:4e432808$0$32654$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.newshosting.com...

Hi Try by using G98 FEED PER MINUT

JB

Reply to
JB

snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.newshosting.com...

I think the op was talking about mill, G98 on mill is return to initial z plane in drilling cycles, G98 on lathe is IPM.

:)

Reply to
"D"

Pull the motor relay?

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

Haas' have so many safety switches and fail safes I would be very surprised if it would boot up with the motor relay gone.

Reply to
tnik

Have you tried it? I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Reply to
tnik

You cannot run a canned cycle without the spindle on, you will have to write a subroutine to feed in feed out, then position at each hole to initalize said sub.

Reply to
"D"