American made lathe chucks

In a possibly fruitless search for an adjustable, US made chuck, I've found that a price list is not a common thing. Bison is looking better and better. I am having suspicions that BTC is making Cushman chucks (sure share the same model number).

Kalamazoo hasn't got back to me.

5", 3 jaw, micro adjustable, adapter for 1 3/4 by 8 tpi. Brass and Tool has the Bison Set-Tru and a 1 3/4 x 8 tpi mounting plate....

5" chuck is roughly 11 pounds, a 6" is roughly 23 pounds...

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Don Foreman

They stop at a 6" chuck. Wish they'd do a 5".

My G9972Z has a 5" 3 jaw with a 1HP motor.

Reply to
Louis Ohland

The 5" Set-Tru that Bob Cumings sold me has been fine. The centering screws aren't 90 degrees apart but it's still easy to adjust, though I have need to only a couple of times.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Damned good chucks

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch