An ebay seller to avoid

Well, perhaps I should have considered that more closely... But then, I don't think your poor Mazda's gonna haul -that- puppy up the hill. I recalled the price being higher, and with the cost of a rigger, and buying tooling, it was out of reach. Looks like the price might have come down? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different machine.

I seriously plan to make my next mill a small machining center.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

I dont think Ive ever given a price on this particular one. Perhaps the Sharnoa down in Santa Ana? A slightly bigger machine at $5k. Very nice though.

No..the poor bitch couldnt pull this over the hill..in fact at

385,000+ miles..she has a hard time getting out of her own way.

Im a gross polluter according to the smog check a couple weeks ago..took her to a buddy yesterday...6 "hard codes" showed up. I need new O2 sensors, purge canister solenoid, plugs, wires, rotor, cap, condenser, exaust manifold gaskets, exaust donut, probably a cat, and my extension runs out 12-31. And Im not sure I can get another one. Ive been getting them since June. when the tags expired. All paid for of course, but...no time or money to get her fixed. The o2 sensors are $57 each (x2) at the cheapest place in town. More than likely the mass air sensor and whatnot are shot too..all original.

Those hard codes are the ones I have to get fixed, so we can address the other 5 "soft codes"

Well..the gas cap passed the smog test. Shrug

Gotta love Caifornia.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

yourname wrote: ...

Yeah, but somebody has to go first, as it is now. Here's another easy fix: Neither feedback is made public until both are entered. Neither feedback hostage-ing nor retaliation is possible and the Response is still available to explain.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Christopher Tidy wrote: ...

I have limited, but positive, experience with their customer service.

The basis of poor customer service is in their business model: both are electronic businesses, they keep expenses down by having computers do everything. Having to pay C-S people is a real drain on profit. If

99.9% of the transactions are satisfactory, screw the rest.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

When I filed the claim, it shows up as "Item not delivered, or not as described". Well, putterman2004, poor thing, seems to have reading and or comprehension problems.

He has responded to my claim by saying he took pictures of me and my dad picking up the mill. Oh yeah? First, he's almost certainly a lying little turd. But if he does, what does that say about his business practices that he feels such a paranoid need to document his sales? Says he will file charges of fraud against me if I don't drop it.

Hmm, might be time to booze up a dozen bikers and pay a visit to "straighten the matter out"

Seriously though, him threatening me instead of trying to work out the problem should work to my advantage.

Don't change this channel, we'll be back soon...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

I called his bluff on the pics. Let's see em!

I started my claim off by stating clearly, I got the mill. Oops, there goes the fraud claim, and renders the pics a moot point...

His next response is "look at the picture". (in the auction) Might have me there. I explained to ebay about what was discussed and promised over the phone prior to, and after the sale. That should constitute Intent, which in legal venues carries weight. Might not with ebay though. They might rule for seller based on item description and photo. Well, that's why I called him prior to buying, because they were vague. Claims of condition, found untrue, and promises made, broken.

Well, I gain no small satisfaction knowing I must be causing him a lot of angst, I've gotten 5 emails already with half-assed threats. Going to get a doohicky for recording phone conversations in the morning. I have a feeling he'll be calling. I'll inform him I'm recording as evidence for possible future legal action, and politely ask him to continue. That ought to stop him dead, but if not, hey, I'll have the evidence should it end up in court.

Mr putterman is a sad little individual. A bellicose bully, making threats and harassing people when they don't just roll over and let him have his way.

There is zero doubt in my mind at this point that the pictures and description were intentionally vague, as were his answers misleading, and his promises empty. I really try hard to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Well, there's no doubt any longer. I hope the next person he screws over is a member of a biker gang. That'll teach him, those guys take no crap off anyone.

Me? Unlike him, I do have a life, and I'd like to live it. Ball is in ebay's court. Win or lose, it's just another semester at the school of hard knocks.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Damn, I really need to get a workshop built.

Ron

Reply to
doo