And we're no longer "lost in space"

SpaceX DID IT!
<G>
LLoyd

Add pictures here
โœ–
On May 25, 9:57 am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

Been watching this all day. Woo Hoo! Saturday morning NASA TV will have coverage of the hatch opening.
I am now "officially" upgrading this from a Big Deal to a Huge Deal. The future is upon us, folks.
Add pictures here
โœ–

Technically, and by specifications, Dragon is already man-rated. It is designed to transport both ways.
Of _course_ they have to prove that, but it's built into the design.
LLoyd
Add pictures here
โœ–
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

This is a pretty interesting moment.
I hope it accelerates the shut down of nasa.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Fri, 25 May 2012 18:15:20 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

It is an interesting moment, and a great cause to celebrate. Now NASA will concentrate on deeper space. Forget about them being shut down.
--
Ed Huntress>

Add pictures here
โœ–
On 5/25/2012 1:15 PM, Cydrome Leader wrote:

Doubt it.
NASA will more likely become the regulating entity. Government functions never go away - even if they are not needed anymore.
Add pictures here
โœ–