And we're no longer "lost in space"

SpaceX DID IT!

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Been watching this all day. Woo Hoo! Saturday morning NASA TV will have coverage of the hatch opening.

I am now "officially" upgrading this from a Big Deal to a Huge Deal. The future is upon us, folks.

Reply to
rangerssuck

This is a pretty interesting moment.

I hope it accelerates the shut down of nasa.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

It is an interesting moment, and a great cause to celebrate. Now NASA will concentrate on deeper space. Forget about them being shut down.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Doubt it.

NASA will more likely become the regulating entity. Government functions never go away - even if they are not needed anymore.

Reply to
Richard

Wes fired this volley in news:Hgdwr.345656$% snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-15.dc.easynews.com:

Technically, and by specifications, Dragon is already man-rated. It is designed to transport both ways.

Of _course_ they have to prove that, but it's built into the design.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh