antiseize for brass in salt water?

Do I need/use anything for brass pipe threads (both pipe and fitting) that'll be in salt water a lot?

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 10:14:31 AM UTC-4, unk wrote:

Brass in saltwater will have the zinc leached out. Stainless will have pitting if the salt water is stagnate, but is okay in salt water that has oxygen in the salt water.
Dan

316 stainless.
--
Ed Huntress

Never use brass in saltwater, period, it will fall apart.
On Wed, 05 Jul 2017 13:17:36 -0500, Ignoramus12559

Yeah, if you leave it in salt water for long. If it's on a trailered boat, say, or a piece of fishing gear, and it's never exposed for more than a day at a time, it will be all right. Just rinse it off with fresh water when it comes out of the salt.
Brass-to-brass threads are a bad deal in any environment except a dry interior. I think the trick there is just to exclude water, like with a Teflon-based liquid pipe sealer.
If the OP wants to know what happens to brass if it's left in salt water, I have a few examples in my junk pile. <g> It turns pinkish-red as the zinc leaches out, and the remaining metal is like a very fragile copper sponge.
--
Ed Huntress

Bronze, stainless, plastic: https://www.westmarine.com/plumbing-fittings
On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 7:14:31 AM UTC-7, unk wrote:

I don't like brass in salt water, but if I had to do this I'd use Duralac Paste as jointing compound.
It can be a little difficult to find, I suspect it's chock full of carcinogans
Jack Wills snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com