Any one doing lost foam casting professionally out there?

Hi
I?m with a small greensand foundry in Florida and we?re starting to
dabble in the lost foam process. We did some test pours using Styro Shield
6400 from HA International. We were very impressed with the results but
unfortunately the sales rep informed us that the shelf life is only three
months. This sounds awfully short to me. Does any one have any experience
with foam coatings and shelf life.
Thanks
Derek
Reply to
derek
Hi Derek, Vulcan Engineering set up the lost foam lines at the Saturn plant where they lost foam engine blocks, heads, and more. If I recall correctly, they worked with another company that developed the foam system for them. You may wish to give Vulcan Engineering a call and find out who they were. Good luck. Rick
Reply to
Rhbuxton