Any one doing lost foam casting professionally out there?

Hi I?m with a small greensand foundry in Florida and we?re starting to dabble in the lost foam process. We did some test pours using Styro Shield

6400 from HA International. We were very impressed with the results but unfortunately the sales rep informed us that the shelf life is only three months. This sounds awfully short to me. Does any one have any experience with foam coatings and shelf life.

Thanks Derek

Reply to
derek

Hi Derek, Vulcan Engineering set up the lost foam lines at the Saturn plant where they lost foam engine blocks, heads, and more. If I recall correctly, they worked with another company that developed the foam system for them. You may wish to give Vulcan Engineering a call and find out who they were. Good luck. Rick

Reply to
Rhbuxton

Whereabout in Florida?

Reply to