anyone near Los Angeles have a heavy bead roller ?

I've finally decided that one way to make a "curl" in some sheet metal to make hood hinges for my 36 cadillac is to use a bead roller - perhaps someone in the general LA area has one with a good selection of dies and could be interested in trying this? I want to use aprox .050 stainless to make two 4 ft long sheet metal parts that get riveted to the hood panels - the orignal was chrome plated soft steel, and it has cracked and stress fatigued - I figured that by using stainless I wouldn't have to chrome plate the end result.

if anyone has a suitable roller, or wants to sell one with some dies, please let me know - either here, or by going to my web site and finding my email address.

Reply to
William Noble

Hi Bill. My Dad has one in San Diego, and a spare 36 hood and fender set. He's out of town for a week tho.

Reply to
Stupendous Man