anyone need free WEDM work

Looks interesting - but if you can snap it on as threaded rod at the middle with finger pressure, and the two mating 'locks' are just tight enough to allow this, the centripetal force of spinning it with air to turn will potentially launch the two halves in opposite directions with a rather scary escape velocity. "INCOMING!!"

You would have to make the mating locks rather large enough to be permanent and spin it onto the end of the shaft - and in that case why not make the nut out of a solid piece of material and skip the split?

Or make the two halves with channels on both ends, and two 'dogbone' keys to assemble onto the shaft. Then you have to add a ball detent to each nut-half or dogbone to lock the keys in place...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

What did you have to give for it and then pay to provision it? What is the dielectric fluid?

One of my co-workers worked for Charmilles in machine build a number of years ago.

Can you turn it into a sinker to burn out taps?

Wes

Wes

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 00:51:21 -0700, the infamous Bruce L. Bergman scrawled the following:

Hmm, were those meant to snap together or slide together? If slid, they'd have considerably less "INCOMING!" potential.

-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Uhh ... they can't slide 'cause they're threaded. Now if one side was smooth, it could slide & the threads on the other side would allow spinning & holding.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

But -- if slid, at least one would have to have no internal threads -- or to be slid together *before* screwing on. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Thread one half only and it would work. Or just order the clip on one for the $6 from Enco.

Reply to
Pete C.

I gave $500 for the machine. I've spent another $500 getting it going. DI water is the dieletric.

No, but I already have a sinker EDM

Sorry about the slow reply.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

DI is about 4 bucks a gallon from mcmasters, had to buy a few jugs the other day for a trumpf laser marker's cooling system.

A grand for a working wire edm, sweet.

Wes

Reply to
Wes