What would be a good commercial floor vacuum with power brush

I was vacuuming my floor at home today, using a power-brush type of upright vacuum. I remarked to myself that it works very well.

In my warehouse, I would like the same thing, except I would prefer something bigger, with rougher brushes, and something that would not need bags. A shop-vac is nice, but lacks a scrubbing option.

I am sure that such things exist, can someone recommend something?

thanks

Ignoramus23036

Ignoramus23036 fired this volley in news:hY6dnTGyMIgu5gbTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

. A shop-vac is nice, but lacks a scrubbing option.

Ig, I don't know how large you need it to be, but I'll bet Tom Gardner can sell you a brush that suits to fit an old upright Eureka or Hoover.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

We used to make brushes for Kirby but China got all that business, now we do some stuff for Tennant.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

See if you can get your hands on a small used Tennant.

Tom Gardner

"The Kid" works for Tennant. We bought a broken 24 volt floor scrubber at auction for $200. He got parts at cost and made it like brand new for another $200. The unit sells for $5600. We use it to scrub 2500 sq.ft. of the packing shed twice a week. Only takes a few minutes and the concrete is clean enough to eat off of.

We had an oil spill, threw on floor dry, swept it up 15 minutes later, then run the scrubber over it. No sign of spill.

Iggy, I KNOW you can find a used Tennant cheap. Now all you need to do is bribe the kid with something you have and you're all set.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I bought a diesel powered Tenant for $120 once. It was described as nonfunctional.

I took out the Kubota diesel and sold it for $600, and scrapped the rest.

:)

Ignoramus23036

Bingo, you beat me to it. They have several sizes between walk-behind and ride-on versions, and they have a fresh water tank to spread wash water - with soap if you want it - a few scrub brushes to knock off the worst of the gunk, and a wet-vac that slurps it all up and dumps it in a waste-water tank.

Ride it around the building once with soap in it, then dump at a convenient floor sink or sewer cleanout hole. Then go around a second time with no soap, Squeeky Clean Floors.

Then get out the big Rotary Buffer and fill a garden sprayer with industrial floor finish (specially formulated for shoe traction), spray it on and buff it out, and you'll have shop floors so nice your Momma will be proud.

Johnson Wax makes several varieties for all surfaces, including raw concrete. And you get certified paperwork for the insurance company about it's anti-slip properties. Referrals are available, I know one of their Field Reps...

(This would be good for Tawm with all the Hourlies trolling around for a good Workers Comp slip-and-fall claim - would probably pay him back for the effort to get and keep the office & factory floors all buffed up with lower insurance rates.)

Of course, it's going to work a whole lot better if you get the shop floor all cleared out and have it professionally ground flat first - any Terazzo and Stone company will have the big floor grinders and buffers with a diamond cutters, levels it out real nice. (And all the patched spots become much less obvious.)

BevMo does this to all their warehouse stores, and it looks good. Get it ground flat and smooth, then keep it waxed.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human

I'm in testing for a wire cutting gig for them now for some big cylinder brushes.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Oh yeah, I remember that...

And I also remember we were all yelling at you to get it working, and then you could have sold it for a whole lot more than $600 and had nothing left to scrap out.

Reuse, reclaim, repurpose, reimagine if you have to - But Recycle!!

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human

"The Kid" took an engineering sample home a short while back. It was four feet long about ten inch I.D. with six inch bristles. Yours??

He's going to make a sidewalk sweeper for snow and sand with it.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

First, I could not take it out of my trailer.

Second, such things always become painful, drawn out ordeals.

Now that I have 10k square feet of space, I may consider something like that, though.

Ignoramus28676

Autonomous robotic style, I hope?

-- Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden. Which is why so few people have them. So few people can handle it. -- Hugh Macleod

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Nope, I don't make those. It was made by "The Malish Corp." here in Cleveland...Willoughby, actually. Nice people, good friends and we cut wire for them too. Wire cutting is a good deal for us.

Reply to
Tom Gardner